Be sure to check out our Resources and Reports section below. There you can find out more information about our model and some examples of our work.
About the Team
Strong analytical skills shared among multiple providers
The Decision Support Office was established in 2014 as an innovative solution to the lack of Business Analysts in small Hospitals throughout the North West LHIN. By pooling resources, the small Hospitals have established a group of business professionals to work with them and assist them in the difficult task of turning data sources into actionable information. Ten Hospital Corporations in the North West LHIN share the two staff members of the DSO, providing each with access to professional and knowledgeable individuals with specific expertise in the complex tasks of obtaining and working with health data.
The DSO is also available to outside organizations for consulting engagements on a cost-recovery basis. We have completed engagements with Community Health Agencies, Primary Care Organizations and Hospitals outside of our LHIN.
If you are interested in finding out more about our model, please give us a call. We’d love to see how we can use our skills to benefit your organization!
We are willing and able to assist with any of the following:
- System wide financial and statistical analysis, including sourcing information from intellihealthOntario (Ontario-wide NACRS, DAD, OMHRS, CCRS, LTCRS, HCRS, OHIP Provider Billings, others), CIHI portal (MIS and others Canada) and other systems
- Support with other health statistics and population profiling (CANSIM, Census)
- Organizational analysis, analytics, finance and planning (eg. NPV, ROI…)
- Proposal development and project evaluations
- HSFR consulting, including HBAM results interpretation and strategy development
- Data quality reviews
- MS Excel report development, consultation/support and automation
- Developing plans to enhance/expand decision support capabilities, including IT/IS capacity
Brent Maranzan – (807) 343-2496 ex. 2868
Jordan Vigliarolo – (807) 343-2496 ex. 2869
Contact the Decision Support Office (DSO) today!
Decision Support Lead
Summary: Brent Maranzan earned an Honours Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from Wilfrid Laurier University in 2002 and a Masters Degree in Public Health from Lakehead University in 2011. He is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) and a Project Management Professional (PMP). Previous to joining the healthcare sector, Brent worked as a public accountant, […]
Decision Support Analyst
Summary: Jordan graduated from the Honours Bachelor of Commerce Program from Lakehead University as an Accounting Major in 2007, and received the Certified Management Accountant (CPA, CMA) Professional designation in 2012. Jordan worked as a Business Analyst and Performance Management Analyst during his time at the North West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) from 2011-2014. […]